Why do you like pandas
I。 Teaching Aims
· Students can master the structure “Why do you like...?”, “Because they are...” to introduce their favorite animals.
· Students will get familiar with words about animals, like lion, giraffe, koalas and so on.
· Students’ ability of organizing the main idea and expressing specific information about the topic will be improved。
山东群英会走势图表· Students will acquire more knowledge about different animals all over the world.
· Students’ awareness of protecting animals can be aroused.
II. Teaching Key and Difficult Point
Teaching key point
· How to introduce their favorite animals by using the sentence structure “Because they are...”.
· How to organize ideas and express their own thoughts in English
Teaching Difficult Points
· How to foster students’ understanding about the sentence structures.
· How to encourage students to express themselves in English confidently.
III。 Teaching Methods
task-based teaching method
communicative teaching methods.
山东群英会走势图表IV. Teaching Aids
V. Teaching Procedure
Step 1: Warming up
山东群英会走势图表(1) Greet to the students。
(2) guessing game: Show a video about the animals around the world on the screen. Lead students to watch it carefully and then share their ideas about the main idea of the video. After the video, students may say something about the video’s topic. I will lead in the new lesson, why do you like pandas.
Step 2: Presentation
山东群英会走势图表Students should read the sentences listed on the textbook and find out the sentence structures according to them. Then I will list students’ answers on the blackboard. After explaining the main idea of these sentences, I will introduce how to use these sentence structures to express themselves about their favorite animals.
Step 3: Practice
In this step, two activities should be included.
Students will be given about three minutes to fill in the blanks with the words from the box。 will remind them of using the sentence structure “why do you like。。。?”, and then show the correct answers of the blanks on the blackboard。
Then another 5 minutes will be given to make sentences that are true for them by using the sentence structures learned this class.
Step 4: Production
山东群英会走势图表1. Guide students to make a dialogue with their partners by using the sentence structures related. They should ask and answer questions to guess each other’s animals.
2.Invite several of them to share their dialogue in front of class and give evaluation as well as encouragement. Students should act out their dialogue and practice their oral English.
Step 5: Summary and Homework
①Guide the student to summarize what we have learned today.
②Share their favorite animals by using the sentence structures learned this class with their friends in English。 And search for more information about animals on the Internet and share their survey results next class。